The Lotus Houseboat - Kerala
Explore Northern Kerala’s palm-fringed tropical backwaters in ultimate comfort onboard the spacious and elegant Lotus Houseboat: a symbol of purity and beauty
Watching the gentle rhythms of day to day rural life unfold, drifting along Northern Kerala’s verdant backwaters from a comfy steamer chair on board the glorious sundeck of The Lotus Houseboat is utterly enchanting; a wonderful way to gain a authentic insight into remote village scenes and observe elusive wildlife up close and personal. Glide through languid palm-fringed canals and lagoons where laughing school children wave from neat villages, cattle graze on lush pasture, longboats are laden with coir and cashew, and fishermen call from paddle boats to sell their catch. Spy egrets wading in the shallows as iridescent kingfishers swoop overhead and turtles raise their heads from the watery depths. Forays onto shore are a chance to walk through rarely visited villages, discover hidden temples and magical shrines.
The traditional rice boat exterior of the Lotus belies it’s sleek interiors with a hint of colonial charm and a relaxed house party atmosphere. The indoor living cum dining room has tactile teak floors adorned with hand woven durrie rugs, paintings depicting temple murals, squishy armchairs scattered with silk cushions and panoramic windows that open onto the cooling breeze and the fascinating ever changing 180-degree view. The two generous bedroom suites have everything needed for easy living and a sound night’s sleep: sumptuous king sized beds, positively palatial bathrooms, i-pod docks, super silent a/c and private verandahs for quiet moments and early morning tea. Our caring and ever attentive team soon makes this houseboat feel like your own floating home.
In the cool of the evening the sun-deck transforms into the perfect location to sip an aperitif or dine under a twinkling star-filled sky. Chef spoils guests with seafood thali feasts and Mediterranean specials prepared using the freshest fish and plump prawns.
Features of The Lotus:
- Length: 32 Meters / 104 Feet
- Width: 6 Meters / 18 Feet
- Two well appointed, airy and spacious bedrooms
- A Sun-deck with comfortable sun loungers and an al fresco dining area
- Spacious indoor sitting and dining room
- Ayurveda Massage and Yoda sessions available on request
- Bar and modern kitchen
- Private crew room with attached bathroom
- Resident Captain, personal chef & housekeeping staff
The Lotus is an imaginative new interpretation of the traditional Kerala Houseboat, a unique creation that combines the natural rhythms of the Old fashioned with the modern amenities of a first class hotel.
The Houseboat has been designed to give its guest the feeling of freedom and the luxury of space:
- Each of the two bedrooms (appropriately named Sukhima ‘Happiness’ and Lalima ‘Beauty’) measure over 16 x 13 feet and has solid teak floors. Lights and airy with cheerful colours, they have a large glass observation window with insect-proof screen, locally made wooden furniture, ethnic durrie rugs and paintings by a Kerala artist in the traditional temple mural style, as well as an ipod docking system, safe and hair-dryer. Guests have the option of a fan or state of the art air-conditioning.
- Each bedroom has an en-suite bathroom (10 x 9 feet) with a shower cubicle and delicious organic Fabindia toiletries.
- Each also has its own private sitting out varandah to enjoy those special moments.
If you wish to make an enquiry please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also call us on 9910025022 to talk to our team who are always delighted to discuss your travel plan.