Yoga is an indispensable aid to good health, a natural and enjoyable way to bring your mind, body and spirit back into balance. Increasing numbers of people are finding that a simple yoga routine can add hugely to your enjoyment of life.
Here at The Hermitage we are fortunate to have the opportunity to practice yoga in the most beautiful and tranquil natural surroundings: surrounded by graceful coconut palms and cooled by balmy breezes from the Arabian Sea. Our retreat takes advantage of this delightful setting by including a ‘Tuning into Nature’ session, that includes a guided meditation built into a walk along our beach.
Our teacher is Shri Anil Kumar, who has been teaching classical Hatha Yoga (Ashtanga Yoga School) for eleven years. Anil has a postgraduate diploma in Yoga Therapy (PGDYT) from SVYASA Yoga University Bangalore; a diploma in Yogic Science & Indigenous Health Care (DYS) from Kannur University and a diploma in Yogic Science & Naturopathy (DNYS) from New Delhi. He has also taken a Yoga Vedanta course from the Yoga Vedanta Forest Academy in Rishikesh. His emphasis is always on ease and naturalness, so that the body is cultured and the nervous system refined of its impurities in a gradual and systematic way.
Our yoga classes will take place either in the covered Patanjali Yoga Hall overlooking the beach or open air Yoga Pavillion which is again overlooking the beach. Both the places are based on the concept of light, space and air, offering fine views of the ocean while providing a calm and tranquil atmosphere lulled by the sound of the waves.
• Arrival and Departure transfer from and to Mangalore airport.
• Accommodation for 7 Nights at Deluxe cottage.
• Morning Signature tea.
• All Ayurvedic Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner).
• Yoga Instruction for 60 minutes every morning.
• 2 Hours sunset cruise on The Lotus- Houseboat through the enchanting local backwaters.
• Consultation with in-house Ayurvedic doctor to define Dosha (Body Type).
• Ayurveda Treatments (5 Sessions Per Person).
• Cultural excursions including full day village visit, Theyyam performance, local sightseeing to Ananda Ashram, Neeleshwar Temple and visit to Neeleshwar town to enjoy tea at local tea shop.
• Private Cooking Classes with Chef Aneesh in Annapurna restaurant.
• All taxes.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org You may also call us on 9910025022 to talk to our team who are always delighted to discuss your travel plan.
Nearest Airport: Kannur, (daily flights from Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Kochi, Bangalore) then a 90 min transfer to the hotel in one of our cars.
Nearest Railway Station: Nileshwar, 6kms from the hotel.
From Bangalore: Distance by road is 360 kms, a 7/ 8 hour drive (including stops) through the breathtaking scenery of the Western Ghats, surrounded by gentle hillside slopes with tea and coffee gardens, spice plantations and virgin forests.